Sunday, April 27, 2014

Letters from the Sunday lab

The simple writings in life aren't about simple topics, they are about extremely complex realities written in simple ways. Sometimes sitting at the student building on a Sunday afternoon is the best place to write about it. I am a graduate student and so this weekend doesn't come as a surprise for me , like the ones I phase out as I value writing something meaningful, between lines of codes. Between the shuttles I missed near the Dunn Meadow when it was just starting to rain, and sometimes going on a round trip on a bus, waiting for it to stop. The songs and playlists we put on repeat and the ones we play when the labs are empty.


There is a strange routine that haunts us at times, the realization that we can be bound in between the courses , the submissions and the semesters and that the bounded selves, the desirability to do something different is often a choice. We can still find company between the coffee breaks which often last longer than the class, the pizza slices among meetings that draws us into real conversations. Between the facebook posts and likes alike and between the weekends we deserve, I wish we lost more time to coffee breaks, and in trying to write something simple.

For now I feel the empty IMU halls, the slow flow of elevator doors bells, and the closed doors keeps the chaos away, from the next Monday. I still believe there should be more places than labs to write, and to be able to convince you that there are more reasons than one to read. For now I choose to write from here, as I pick up on the bugs and nuances that threaten my world among computer. Far away from writing,  and probably what might remain just as a dog eared page on my lab notebook, I see the spring outside, and the breeze that makes me wait for rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment